Speaker: Murshid F. A. Ali ElSenossi
Producer: Almiraj Sufi and Islamic Study Centre, Inc.
Description: We have two responsibilities in this world. One is to our families and those who are placed under our care. The other is with regards to our Heart and its relationship with its Lord and Creator. The higher of these states is when we sit in remembrance of Allah. The total human being combines both states and is permeated with remembrance of Allah, while carrying out the duties that He has given him in his worldly life.
According to Sharia’ – there are three main requirements in order to use water for purification. It must be colourless, tasteless and odourless. Our world and our bodies are made mostly of water. On an inner level, water refers to knowledge. With it, the Heart becomes alive. True, pure, knowledge from Allah Most High awakens our hearts and we become truly alive – with the Light of Allah shining through us. This is the Water of Life.
1. The two states of the human being
2. The Qur’an is the highest remembrance
3. Knowledge of Allah is like rain
4. The qualitites of pure water
5. Pure knowledge is like pure water
6. The inward meaning of water
7. And We have placed a barrier between the two